Continuously providing society with
well-equipped and versatile individuals.
Our vision is to develop our learners to become responsible, productive citizens through quality education based on our core values (respect, compassion, integrity, commitment, responsibility), striving towards excellence in order to participate in the socio-economic growth and development of our community and our country. “Continuously providing society with well-equipped and versatile individuals”
As a school, committed to quality education, we undertake to offer outstanding educational opportunities, promote Christian and democratic values, create a culture of responsibility and accountability and establish constructive internal and external relationships.
Dedicated educators, learners and parents will strive to live by and uphold our core values – respect, compassion, integrity, commitment, responsibility – through everything we do, and pledge the following:
- Establish positive and professional relationships with the learners, parents and other stakeholders.
- Always render a professional service and go the extra mile to educate learners by creating an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- Develop the talents of the learners through extra-curricular activities.
- Implement and maintain the Code of Conduct and honour the school’s core values in order to instil self-discipline in the learners.
- Acknowledge all religious beliefs and basic human norms and values in partnership with parents and the community.
- Refer learners for psycho-social and emotional support
- Be punctual and present at all times to ensure that learning and teaching takes place.
- Dedicate themselves to achieve excellence and reach their full potential in all school activities: academic, sport, culture, social and leadership.
- Be loyal to the school and respectful to educators, staff members, fellow learners and everyone they meet.
- Familiarise themselves with the schools Code of Conduct, school rules and core values and strive to honour it at all times.
- Support the learning process.
- Encourage and support homework.
- Ensure and monitor learner attendance.
- Be acquainted with and support the school’s Code of Conduct and instill the school’s values.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of learners.
- Attend school meetings regularly.
- Support effective parent/school communication.
- Support the governing body, principal and teachers.
- Besides the curriculum, families should support schools in field trips, assemblies, student performances and sports events.
Langenhoven High School is one of the oldest schools in Pretoria. In 1895, it began as De West Eind School, which was situated on the western outskirts of the city. The language of instruction was Dutch.
We are proud of the school’s achievements and good reputation that have been built up and maintained over many years. We have a strong Christian ethos and believe that Langenhoven High School will only continue to flourish with the help and protection of God Almighty.
Ons vir jou Suid-Afrika